Since I have been working hard looking for places to live everyday for a while now I thought I would give myself a break and enjoy looking for cute fall clothes on the internet instead. Its fun but its true that I have great stuff already—I just like to look.
This classic sweater and collared plaid shirt combo is from Madewell. I do like their clothes a whole lot and have bought a few things in the past that I continually wear.
Always checking out boots no matter what the season. I like these simple black boots from Modcloth. I have never really understood the lace and zipper combo but I guess I am letting that slide here. This pair looks comfortable for all the walking I do.
I recently bought a pair of pants from a store that I had credit. I would have never even tried them on otherwise but I did and have worn them for three days straight. The company is Big Star 1974 and I got them at Convert in Berkeley. The pair that I have are a straight leg in a black rinse. They are so very comfortable! I have already thought about buying another pair so I could wear them everyday.
Also for reference I check out my scrapbook of clothing & style preferences collected on Pinterest. I really like this collection because it reminds me that I have nice taste and do not always try to dress like this guy—which I LOVE but its a bit frumpy for me. I really want to look like this.
I have this linen tank top that I got at the thrift shop for like three dollars and I wore it all through my pregnancy. I wear it once a week even now and love it more and more every time. It wears so well. I wish that I had more of them in different colors!
It goes without saying that maiki is first on this list. He is the most wonderful and caring partner that I could hope for. Thanks dood!
The other things that have also been very nice to have:
1. Lucky brand maternity jeans. I bought them at the thrift store for seven dollars when I was four months pregnant. I did a victory dance in the dressing room when I put them on and they were the perfect size. They are super comfortable and I wear them A LOT. Also a plus, they have clovers on the insides of the pockets so I think they was meant to be. ^_^
2. Linen tank top. Also from the thrift store and purchased around the same time as jeans. It is not a maternity top but is lovely and flattering and comfortable. It is my new favorite article of clothing. Along with wrap sweaters and loose tanks it has been a workhorse in my wardrobe.
3. Kiehl’s Creme de Corps lotion. This stuff is so thick and moisturizing. It is fairly priced and I slather my tummy with it daily. In the beginning I had purchased some Dr. Hauschka products for my growing body but was disappointed in them for several reasons and went and bought a big bottle of the Creme de Corps. The scent is minimal and that was a big plus when everything I smelled turned my stomach.
4. Epsom salt. Baths are wonderful and the epsom salt takes my aches and pains away. I am a busy teacher of young children and am on my feet all day long. After a soak I feel a million times better. Also I add some mild scented body wash/liquid soap to make it smell nice.
5. Body pillow. Still on the fence about the one that I bought but it works. I wanted something that would be functional past pregnancy but I am not happy enough with the one that I picked to recommend it specifically. Women rave about the wonders of body pillows and I believe that they make a big difference. I wish mine was more like a cloud.
6. Pretty necklaces. They help to elevate the way that I feel by just adding a little something. I love my felt Homako necklace and wearing it with my hand me down maternity clothes really helps to pull my outfits together.