This post by Leo Babauta is awesome. Things Every Man Should Own
I totally agree with Leo that people amass to many belongings. I often think about what I would take with me if I was going on a trip or moving abroad, like what essentials would I have with me. Here are some things daily that I use daily and like very much.
- Tea tree oil shampoo (trader joe’s!), seaweed soap and argan oil to stay clean and moisturized.
- My Fjallraven backpack and Baggu reusable nylon sacks and pouches to carry things.
- Altoids and rosebud salve are always with me when I leave the house.
- My tea ball and drip coffee holder
- Favorite tea towels, and I really want a turkish towel which dries quickly and could always double as a scarf, shawl or sarong. ^_^
- wrist worms and awesome scarf from my sister
- Lappy and mobile phone
Other items like pictures, art and books are things that I save and cherish. I keep because I like to have them around. I enjoy making art (even more with Emma!) so we have a collection of paints, markers, pencils, crayons and paper. Having a child creates many more reasons to buy things. We have a tent, a train set, blocks, etc. for her to play with but we choose them with care. I like to acquire things with more intent these days and keep only what we use.